Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of St.Ives. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s the summer time and obviously you’re showing more bare skin and hopefully having a lot of fun while doing it! I LIVE for pool, beach and lake days in the summer. Literally, if it’s a body of water, I want to be in/on it.
So you can imagine I’m a bit of a minimalist when it comes to beauty and fashion. I just don’t see the need to pile on gobs of makeup when I’m either sweating it off or ruining it as soon as I hit the water (which seriously, does not happen often enough.)
I thought it’d be fun to tell you my top summer essentials. Basically, if I had to throw everything in a bag and hit the road, these are the things I couldn’t leave the house without.
1. A cute swimsuit. Duh, right? I like plain colors with small pops of color. This year my favorite is a plain black top with black bottoms that have just the right amount of neon on the sides. Cute, right?
2. A coverup. I like to use a simple dress as a cover up. It’s perfect because I can leave the pool and head to walmart real quick if we need to grab something without feeling like a hooker.
3. A cute beach bag. I love cute, durable beach bags and this pink and navy one is adorable! It’s huge so it fits everything I need for the summer!
4. A great pair of sunglasses. Because hello, obvious.
5. Aussie 7 in 1 Shampoo. This shampoo is called the miracle worker and it really is! To me it smells like bubblegum and I love it! It makes my hair light and not weighed down at all.
6. Beautiful Day body spray from Bath and Body works. This scent has a hint of fresh apples and is light and clean smelling. It’s perfect for the summer time when you definitely don’t want to mix your sweat with a heavy perfume.
7. Soap and Glory Scrub of Your Life. I love this stuff! It smells so good and feels amazing in the shower! It’s perfect for exfoliating throughout the summer.
8. Cream Blushes. I love this one from ELF called “pink lemonade.” It’s adorable and pink and so easy to blend!
9. St.Ives Hydration Lotion. I heard about spray lotions last year and the concept immediately drew me in. I HATE moisturizing after a shower. Seriously, I hate standing there for 10 min while the lotion soaks in enough that my clothes don’t feel like they are sticking to me. As a result, my skin is so dry, especially in the summer. The hydration lotion is PERFECT for me. It’s quick and easy and I can put my clothes on afterwards without feeling like a sticky mess. Plus, they smell great. What’s not to love?
10. My phone. Okay, admittedly, I just had to round out my list with an even 10, but seriously, my cell phone is permanently glued to my hand. I use it for music, reading, and chatting with friends and let’s not get started on the no-makeup selfies I’m apt to share on snapchat! haha!
Now that I’ve shown you mine, tell me yours! What are your top summer essentials this year?!